Monday, February 27, 2017

Yoga for Wrist and Knee Recovery

I came to Yoga late in life. It wasn't until about 2009 -- when I was 48 -- that I really began exploring Yoga, which then led me into studying Ayurveda. Since then, it's one of the few body-movement programs that I've enjoyed long-term, other than walking and hiking. I think I've stuck with it because it is conscious movement, it encourages an embodied and mindful approach to moving the body on multiple levels including the subtle energy level. I'm not an "exercise person" but the holistic approach of Yoga suits me.

Anyway, since my accident last year, when I broke my leg and arm, I've been feeling frustrated by not being able to get back to Yoga very well. I've been able to maintain certain parts of the practice through modifications while sitting in a chair, but now I want to get back to the mat, if possible. The following videos have been quite helpful, so I wanted to share them with you. Even with these, I do have to make my own mindful modifications since both my knee and wrist are in recovery process. So, be mindful of where you are at, and maybe these videos will be helpful to you or someone you know, as they have been for me.

This first video is for recovery from knee surgery, or if there is knee pain.

This second video is for recovery from wrist injury.

Also, I am not a Yoga instructor, so if you're unsure about anything in the videos, please contact your personal Yoga teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment